Transfer 101

What to Expect After You Apply

Once your application is complete, your materials will be reviewed, and a decision will be sent to you by the Dean of Admissions. Upon acceptance, you will receive a transfer enrollment form.

  • Return your enrollment form and deposit as soon as possible to secure your place at BSU. Once your deposit is processed, you will receive information on participating in the Next Steps, which include participating in an online orientation, registering for classes, meeting with an advisor, and signing up for a mandatory one-day, on-campus Transfer Transitions Program.
  • If you decide to defer your enrollment, fill out the Request to Defer to a Later Term Form. You may defer up to one year.
Financial Aid

The Financial Aid Program provides equal opportunities for deserving students who, without financial assistance, might otherwise be unable to attend college. The Financial Aid Office offers a variety of financial aid programs. For additional information on scholarships, loans and grants, visit the Financial Aid website.

To assist you in a smooth transfer of financial aid, the Financial Aid Office has prepared the following information for you. If you have any questions about this process, please contact that office at (508) 531-1341.

  • Contact the federal government to add Bridgewater State University to your current Student Aid Report (SAR). You can do so by accessing their website at (PIN required) or you may call 1-800-433-3243. Our Title IV fund number is 002183. BSU uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for all types of financial aid, so you should add our school to your SAR even if you were not eligible for a Pell Grant.
  • If your application is selected for verification, you must complete the verification process at BSU. You will be required to submit federal tax transcripts, verification of all untaxed income (as well as parents' information for dependent students), and complete the appropriate verification worksheet. You can request a tax transcript by going to and entering "tax transcript" in the search bar; then click on the "order a transcript" link. We can no longer accept copies prepared by you or an accountant. Only IRS Tax Transcripts will be accepted. This office will notify you if any of these documents are required.
  • MASSGrant recipients: Contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance by calling (617) 727-9420 to request a transfer of your MASSGrant to Bridgewater State University. The amount of your MASSGrant could differ from school to school, depending on the cost of attendance. The Financial Aid Office will notify you of your award status.
  • If you have been awarded a private scholarship or funds from your state, other than Massachusetts, you must contact these agencies individually to notify them of your transfer, and follow their recommendations to assure transfer of these funds to BSU.
  • Financial Aid Repeat Coursework Policy: Students taking repeated courses should consult with the Financial Aid Office prior to registration to ensure repeated courses are counted appropriately for financial aid eligibility. Click here for more information on the repeat policy.
  • Deadline Information: Bridgewater State University's priority filing deadline is March 1st each year. To be considered for the maximum financial aid available, you should file your FAFSA or Renewal Application form with the Federal Processing Center AFTER October 1 but before March 1. The FAFSA form will show a June 30 deadline, however, June 30 is the final date of the award year for receipts of applications, not the priority deadline. All applications received by the Federal Processing Center after March 1 will be considered for financial aid awards on a funds available basis.