Transfer Application Process
Everything you need to know to start your transfer application process!
Application deadlines: completed transfer applications should be filed by August 1, for September admission or November 1, for January admission.
Note: The dates listed above are priority deadlines only, and you may apply after the deadline. Applications will then be accepted on a space available basis. Remember, registration for classes is done on a first-come, first-serve basis; don't wait, apply early!
Steps for Applying
Students transferring 24 or more credits need only submit their transfer application and transcript(s) Students transferring 23 or fewer credits must submit high school transcripts, SAT scores, and an essay
- Send your academic transcript(s) to the Office of Admissions, Bridgewater State University, 45 Plymouth Street, Bridgewater, MA 02325.
- You must submit transcript(s) from each institution you have attended, even if you do not think the transcripts are relevant to your application. Failure to do so could result in a suspension from the institution.
- If you are currently enrolled at an institution, send a transcript now that shows the courses you are enrolled in. Be sure to request your final transcript once you have completed your last semester. This will not happen automatically; only you can authorize the release of your transcript.
- You may send or hand-carry your transcripts to BSU. However, your transcript(s) must arrive in a signed/sealed envelope from your transfer institution(s).
- If you do not hear from the Office of Admissions in a reasonable amount of time, check in with them to ensure all of your materials have been received.
- Transfer students are not required to come for a formal interview.