Off-Campus and International
Graduate Studies

Frequently Asked Questions About Off-Campus and International Graduate Studies

Do you have questions? We have answers for you.

General Questions

What are off-campus programs?

Our off-campus programs are Bridgewater State University courses offered at satellite locations in your local community. Designed specifically for the busy adult professional, our off-campus programs deliver the same quality, affordable graduate education for professional development, licensure, and graduate degree programs that are available on-campus, in a more convenient, often local location.

Do off-campus programs differ from on-campus courses?

The content of the courses delivered through off-campus programs is the same as the courses delivered on-campus. The courses are not distinguished from on-campus courses on the transcript, and credits earned off-campus as well as online can be applied to the same degree on-campus.

Who are the faculty?

You will be instructed by Bridgewater State’s core faculty members, adjunct faculty from other universities and acclaimed institutions, skilled consultants and other outstanding professionals. All instructors are experts in their content area, and highly qualified to teach at the graduate level.

Do I need to be accepted in to a degree program to enroll in a course?

Non-matriculated students may enroll in a course on a space available basis. However, typically a maximum of six credits can be earned before being formally accepted into a degree program. It is recommended all students complete an application for admission with the required supporting documentation as soon as possible.

What does it mean to join a cohort?

A cohort is a group of students who work through a curriculum together to achieve the same academic degree. Joining a cohort means you will take the same classes with the same group of people as you work towards your degree. Cohort programs seek to bridge the gap between off-campus students, by garnering a sense of community and team-based learning, similar to an on-campus experience.

Where are BSU's off-campus programs offered?

Our off-campus programs are offered in many locations throughout southeastern Massachusetts. For a listing of current locations, please call Darren Macdonald at 508.531.1263.

Cost and Financial Aid

How much is an off-campus course?

Currently, a three-credit graduate course at Bridgewater State University is $1086.63. In some instances, courses offered at off-campus locations are funded by our host constituents or local or federal grants. Often, this will result in a reduced cost for eligible students. To inquire as to the rate for any off-campus course, email for more information and a registration form.

Is Financial Aid available to off-campus programs students?

Yes, all students who fulfill basic eligibility requirements, have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and are formally admitted to a program of study at least part-time (4.5 credits per semester for graduate students) are eligible for some type of financial aid. If you feel you will need financial assistance, you are encouraged to apply for aid at the same time as applying for admission. You can learn more about specific types off financial aid available to you through the Office of Financial Aid.

Are there payment options available?

In addition to financial aid, students are able to utilize Bridgewater State University’s interest-free payment plan. This plan allows for students to spread the cost of their coursework over four payments during the semester.

When do I have to pay for my course?

You are not required to provide payment when you register. An account will be developed for you using the eBill system, and you will be able to access this information via your student email.


How can I find out about upcoming courses?

Students working with a particular cohort will be notified approximately 8-10 weeks prior to the start of the upcoming semester as to what their courses will be for the upcoming term.

How do I register for an off-campus course?

To register for an off-campus course, fill out the registration form and fax it back to our office. Our fax number is 508.531.6162. If you need a copy of any registration form, call 508.531.1263.

Please note: Registration forms must be filled out completely.
How will I be notified that my registration form has been processed?

Once our office receives your registration, you will get an email (to the account specified on your registration) that states that we have received your form. This email will also include other important information and next steps.

Who should I contact with questions about my registration?

For questions regarding course registration, please call the Off-Campus and International Graduate Studies office at 508.531.6010 or email .