The Center for Democratic Governance and Leadership bridges the gap between legislative scholars and practitioners to promote policy representation in legislative institutions both inside and outside of the U.S.
The Center sponsors a number of activities to strengthen relationships between citizens and elected representatives including:
- Conferences and workshops on topics of regional and state interests;
- Bringing academics, legislators, and other public officials together to address regional problems;
- Dissemination of research and data among members of the Southeastern Massachusetts Legislative Caucus.
Community Service Highlights
- March 1997 Update on Economic Development Conference;
- June 1997 Building an Agenda for the 21st Century Conference;
- 2000 4th Congressional District debate;
- 2001 9th Congressional District Democratic Candidates debate; and
- Legislative Alumni Public Service Recognition Dinner.