Career Services provides a full range of services, resources and programs for our alumni population.
Alumni can schedule an appointment with a career counselor to discuss your career path, review resumes and cover letters, discuss the job search and graduate school advising. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
BSU Alumni can select from the following list of services, resources and programs that best fit their needs.
- FOCUS is a self-paced, online career guidance tool used to assist you in self-assessment and career exploration. Users of FOCUS learn to make more realistic decisions about their goals and plans, how to self-manage their careers and the importance of adaptability in these times of change. In order to login, you must create an account on the FOCUS site. To create an account or login as a returning user, Click Here. The Access Code is Bridgew.
- What Can I Do With This Major? is a good resource for exploring options you have with the major you chose in college.
Search for Jobs
- Hire BSU - posts jobs provided by employers who are interested in hiring BSU alumni and students. Alumni can also access our resume writing and other career related guides in the Hire BSU Resource Library.
- LinkedIn Job Board
Career Services Guides
- Post jobs and internship for your organization
- Host students through our Job Shadow Program During Winter Break
- Participate in a Career Panel Program
- Assist with our Practice Interview Program
- Present a Career Focused Workshop
- For more information on these programs contact Career Services
The BSU Student and Alumni Networking Group on LinkedIn is comprised of alumni and students who have BSU in common and want to network with each other. Use LinkedIn, an online network of experienced professionals from around the world, to network with contacts in your field and brand your professional image to employers. The group provides a great service to participants with a BSU connection, who are both learning and practicing networking as well as reaching out for support with career development and growth.
You can use the site to post a discussion of interest regarding networking or respond to an already posted question. A student or fellow alumnus may contact you directly through email or messaging to ask questions regarding careers, majors, networking, internships, job searching and other career related topics.
How Do I Get Started?
- If you are not already on LinkedIn, go to LinkedIn.com and create a profile that details your education and work experience for other professionals to see. The following YouTube video provides recommendations for building your profile.
- Once your profile is complete, search for the BSU Student and Alumni Networking Group in the search box and request to be a member.
- After you have been accepted to the group and read the Group Rules, you can participate in all of the ways described above.