1. How do we access Commencement information?
2. What time is the ceremony and where is it located?
The Commencement ceremonies will be held under a tent on the Boyden Quadrangle rain or shine. Be sure to review the schedule for recommended arrival times.
3. How long will the ceremony last?
Approximately three hours.
4. How do we obtain tickets?
Students must apply to graduate through the Registrar’s Office and be approved by their department to receive tickets. More information regarding how to claim tickets is available to graduates on Graduation Central.
5. Does a three year old need a ticket?
Yes, only children under the age of two are admitted without a ticket. For safety purposes and respect for others, children are not allowed to sit on laps. This is a long ceremony and often difficult for younger children to remain seated for the entire ceremony. For safety reasons, strollers will not be admitted under the tent.
6. Where do I park?
Guests and students will be permitted in the parking areas highlighted on the campus map. For information regarding shuttle bus service, please click on http://microsites.bridgew.edu/Commencement/parking.
7. Who will assist with disability concerns for guests or graduating seniors?
All graduating students and their guests needing disability accommodations must complete a Disability Request Form available on the graduation website.
- For Guests and BSU Student Attendees: Guests and student attendees who are not graduating must complete a Disability Request Form. Note the deadline date on the form. A staff member will contact you to discuss the specific accommodation needed (e.g. handicap parking and transportation, interpreter services, wheelchair seating, etc.). Questions should be directed to the Office of Health Services at 508.531.1252(TTY, 508.531.6116).
- For the BSU Graduate: Graduating students who will require accommodations in the graduation process must complete a Disability Request Form. Note the deadline date on the form. A staff member will contact you to discuss the specific accommodation needed (e.g. interpreter services, wheelchair seating, etc.). Questions should be directed to Disability Resources 508.531.2194 (TTY, 508.531.6113).
8. Will there be vendors selling items such as food, beverages, flowers and BSU memorabilia?
A food and beverage tent will be located on the Boyden Quadrangle in the same vicinity as the tent. There will also be kiosks selling flowers for your graduate. In addition, BSU memorabilia will be sold by BSU Follett bookstore on the Quad during both ceremonies. Please note, balloons and flowers in glass vases will not be permitted under the tent.
9. Will there be a professional photographer there?
Each graduate will be professionally photographed by Grad Images, Inc. as he or she receives a diploma and exits the stage. Family and friends are not permitted in the aisles to take photographs. Graduates can visit www.gradimages.com and click on Pre-Event Email Registration to register their email address.
10. What happens if there is inclement weather?
Commencement will be held rain or shine under a tent on the Boyden Quad. For those without tickets under the tent widescreen viewing will be available in the Horace Mann Auditorium.Call 508.531.1777 if there are weather-related issues the day of Commencement. Also, graduates would receive a text or phone message with additional weather related information if necessary.
We encourage both graduates and guests to watch the weather forecast and dress according to the ever changing New England weather. The weather is traditionally cool. Keep in mind the tent is outdoors and, although under cover, everyone will be exposed to the temperature.
If you have additional questions, University Events is here to help make your graduation a memorable event. The office, located on the main floor of Rondileau Campus Center, Room 108, is open from 9am to 5pm daily and can be reached at 508-531-6139 or email@example.com. For any questions guests may have the morning of Commencement, there will be an Information Tent located on the Boyden Quad for assistance.