Test Use Policy
This policy was written in accord with copyright laws, the requirements of test publishers, and AERA-APA-NCME standards (see Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing, Cur Lib Ref LB 3051/A693/1999).
Test access in the Educational Resource Center of Maxwell Library is restricted. All test borrowers must present a valid photo ID and must sign our test use policy agreement.
Tests may be viewed by qualified persons only. A qualified person is one who is participating in a BSU assessment or assessment-related class (education, counseling, or psychology). BSU students may be asked to show a current syllabus to demonstrate that they are in such a class. BSU students doing independent research should bring a note from their advisor. Area educators and others who believe they have a valid reason to view the tests should discuss their situation with a member of the ERC staff. In all cases, non-BSU affiliates will need to bring documentation from their employer or school that demonstrates their need and qualifications.
Restrictions on Use
- Tests may not leave the ERC.
- Tests may be borrowed for 2 hours (renewable).*
- No portion of any test, or its accompanying materials, may be photocopied or scanned.
- Tests may be viewed for evaluation purposes only. Tests owned by the ERC may not be administered.
* An exception is made for BSU faculty only. BSU faculty members who wish to do an in-class demonstration of a test may arrange in advance to borrow a test overnight or for a limited period of time, as agreed.