The Course Reserve Collection makes available high-demand, course-related materials for restricted use. It is located at the Circulation Desk on the first floor adjacent to the main, Shaw Road entrance and is staffed all hours that the Library is open. A current, barcoded BSU Connect Card is required to borrow Course Reserve materials.
For Course Reserve information, call 508.531.1392.
Loan Period (By faculty request)
- 2-Hours – Library use only
- 3-Hours – Library use only (video recordings and DVD players)
- Overnight – Sun-Thu due by 10:00AM the next day; Fri & Sat due by 10:00AM the next Monday
- 7-Day Loan – Due in one week
- 2-Hours, 3-Hours, & Overnight Loan: $1.00 per hour or part thereof, to a maximum of $10.00 per item (with NO reductions)
- 7-Day Loan: $1.00 per day to a maximum of $10.00 per item (with NO reductions)
Instructions for Faculty for Placing Materials on Course Reserve
- Faculty must complete a Course Reserve request form for all items to be placed on Course Reserve and submit it with the materials to the Circulation Desk. Forms are available at the Circulation Desk. If you request that library books or videos be placed on reserve, you may prefer to complete our Course Reserve Request Form to submit your request electronically.
- Course Reserve lists and materials should be submitted two weeks before the start of a semester in order to be processed for the first classes. Requests may submitted at any time during the semester, but will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Faculty are responsible for photocopying materials for Course Reserve and must submit one copy of each item with the Course Reserve request form. Photocopies are the property of the faculty member and will be returned at the end of the semester. The use of photocopies on Course Reserve is subject to the U.S. Copyright Law. Please read the Library’s Copyright Compliance Guidelines for Course Reserves, which is available electronically and at the Circulation Desk. A Sample Request-to-Copy Letter is similarly available.
- Personal copies of materials may be placed on Course Reserve but at the faculty member’s own risk. A faculty member’s signature is required when placing personal items on Course Reserve as the Library cannot be responsible for damage or loss of personal materials.
- Any material belonging to other libraries, either obtained personally or through Interlibrary Loan, and any video rented from an outside location, i.e. Blockbuster, etc., may not be placed on Course Reserve.
For further information on Course Reserve Policies, please contact the Circulation Department at 508.531.1392.
Back to Top