Quiet Study Zone Policy
In response to students’ requests, the Maxwell Library has created designated Quiet Zones on the second and third floors of the Library.
In Quiet Zones:
- Please be considerate of others by helping to maintain a quiet atmosphere.
- Turn off cell phone/pager ringers.
- Personal devices such as radios and music devices should be used with headphones that are not audible to others.
- No loud or disruptive talking, please.
- Please hold only brief conversations in low tones.
- The quietest area in the building is usually near the 6 individual study tables that are available along the back wall on the west side of the third floor.
- Small group study rooms are available for student use only on the second and third floors. They are available on a first come first serve basis. Groups are encouraged to use these group rooms or to work on the first floor of the library.